Saturday, 20 June 2015

Andy Howells' Tremeloes Interview File

Those of you who have followed me for a while or are aware of my writing work will know that I have had the opportunity to interview several well-known actors and musicians in recent years.

The real joy for me is usually getting to interview 1960s pop stars or groups. One such group that I have managed to interview three members of is The Tremeloes, well known for their 1960s hits including Do You Love Me, Silence Is Golden and Call Me Number One.

One of my first interviews was with Dave Munden, founder member and drummer of The Tremeloes back in 2012 who at the time was promoting The Tremeloes topping the bill on The Sensational 60s Experience. Over the next 18 months I would also interview two other time-served Tremeloes members, Chip Hawkes (father of the one and only Chesney) and original Tremeloes frontman Brian Poole for appearances on similar shows.

When interviewing such people I always try and get a few anecdotes about the artists career and usually these are greeted with favorable responses and replies. Naturally I accumulate a lot of material, usually too much to squeeze into a 700 word article, so maybe one day I'll put all the other interesting bits online too.

In the meantime, here's links to three interviews which I've uploaded over on my Entertainment South Wales blog.

Dave Munden interview from 2012
Brian Poole interview from 2014
Chip Hawkes interview from 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...