Saturday, 18 February 2017

Sketchbook - The Directors (The Two Dons) Cartoon


While I was a member of the Zetland Church in Richmond, North Yorkshire back in the early 1990s, a friend, Gary Brookhouse,  and I, performed a few sketches for church services based loosely on comedian's Hale & Pace's The Management.

We were called The Directors and as opposed to been The Two Ron's we were The Two Don's. My memory is a bit cloudy now but I think the initial sketch was from a book and we adapted the characters for a few later sketches which were performed at church meetings and outreach events.

Me as one of The Don's

The Don's popularity started to increase to a point we were featured in the Churches first pantomime, Cinderella, (in a sketch we wrote ourselves). The Two Don's were good fun but we eventually called it a day, but not before I put together a cartoon for the church magazine...

I think the above cartoon was based on the first sketch we did, except we are wearing Santa hats, which indicates to me it was done to tie in with the appearance in the Christmas panto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...